Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Has it really been that long?

I just realized how long it has been since I last posted something here. I feel bad that I neglected my blog this long. Well, it is time that I rectified that!

So many things have happened. Some good some bad but many. I will highlight a few of those things.

First off, the weight loss has slowed as I have increased my training for the half marathon. MRC placed me on a new diet and I hope to see some good numbers this week at weigh in. I now eat 6 times a day to keep my metabolism going. I am kick boxing twice a week, yoga once a week, and riding my recumbent bike (since it is too cold to walk or bike outside) 4 times a week. I am averaging about 390 minutes of scheduled activity per week. I cannot wait until the weather is nice and I can put in some long hikes on the weekends.

Second thing, my mom was in the hospital mid-January. Well, actually it goes more like this: my sister texts me at work asking if I had talked to mom recently, I say not in a week or so, she says she has been trying to get in touch with her for a couple days but gets no answer, we start making calls to family and neighbors. Maybe this is where I should add that mom is 72 with a pacemaker and lives on the family farm with the closest town about 10 miles away. Okay, back to the story. It had snowed overnight, a neighbor drives over to check, car is not there and no new tracks, I decide to call the small county hospital, SHE IS THERE. And has been for TWO DAYS! Did she call anyone to tell them - no!!! My sister and I went the next day and picked her up and brought her back to Lincoln. I will be taking her back home this weekend.

That is it for now. I will try to be better on the posting. Be prepared for being overloaded as training continues.

No comments: