Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Far So Good

I have been doing well so far this year. I have been able to focus on me. It is a totally new concept. Me? Putting myself before others? What? I am enjoying myself. Imagine that!

Some friends at work have challenged me to join then in walking half the Lincoln Marathon. I initially thought there was no way I could be ready for that by May 1st. But the more I think about it, the more I feel that this is something I need to do. The symbolism I can apply to a seemingly unattainable feat (at least to me) and overcoming it...HUGE!! It is like the path I am on now. Last year, I decided enough was enough and began a weight loss program at Metabolic Research Center. I debated on whether or not to tackle the effects on my life from the abuse. In July, I started that journey. Neither of these will be tasks that I can complete. They are life long journeys. But this marathon is something that I can complete. It is something that I can check off my list. I really need that right now.

No comments: