Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Spirit - I need some


I have tried repeatedly to get into the Christmas spirit this year but it just seems to not be happening. And here is where you can start playing the music for my pity party. I think everyone has the wish to spend that special Christmas with someone they are in love with. Well, that isn't happening this year nor has it ever happened in the past. I have been through a lot this year and have a better outlook on life than I think I ever have. Still when Christmas comes around I start looking at what I don't have instead of what I do. Why is it that many of us do this? If you have the answer, please let me know. Stop music here - the pity party is over.

As mentioned above, I am in a really good place right now and look forward to what this next year will bring. I have exorcised a lot of demons from my past over the last 6 months. Though there are many more to deal with, the weight of those few gone has uplifting. When they say life gets better as you get older I think they are telling the truth.

The photo above was taken at a Flickr walk on December 5th. What a great day that was! Good friends = good times.

No comments: