Monday, December 20, 2010

What did I do? Let me tell you

After almost a year of laying low, I have been attempting to do a few things that I love each week. This last week I actually put out a few decorations. I hope this will help me be less of a Scrooge. I have been baking. I made my first traditional German Stollen a couple of weeks ago. I gave one of the loaves to my sister and brother-in -law. They said it was the best they've ever had so I gave them the other loaf too. This last weekend I made another couple of loaves but this time I modified the recipe to include a marzipan center. We will see how this one turns out. I also just got done tonight making peppermint chocolate chip mini cheesecakes. Too bad I won't be eating any of this stuff.

Now on to the good news. As of this last Friday, I have lost 70lbs. I really am proud of myself. I hope to lose a couple more this week and finish up the year with 75. Crossing my fingers.

I have been learning to laugh at myself. Last night I needed to run to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. I had on my fun socks in the photo and did not want to dirty another pair just for a quick trip so I put on my Mary Janes and headed out the door. If you got 'em, flaunt 'em!

No comments: